Dear Students and Colleagues,
On Friday, February 15, 2019, I resigned my teaching position at the Fairfield-Suisun Adult School. My resignation was accepted by the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District on Thursday, February 21, 2019. Without going into details, I will say that this was not a decision that I took lightly. I will miss working with my amazing students and colleagues. I plan on teaching accounting and financial crimes at another school in the not too-distant future. For those trying to access my teacher page, it has been disabled by the administrators. I have migrated some of the information from my teacher page to this website.
Steve M. Windham
Whether or not you are a CPA, if you are an accountant and wish to provide services to a marijuana business, you should listen to this podcast.
I have added a new section to this website that includes several useful Accounting and Taxation links. Please visit my Accounting and Taxation Resource Library.
As of January 01, 2017, the California Board of Accountancy implemented additional educational requirements to sit for the California CPA exam. The California Board of Accountancy now requires:
1) A baccaleaureate degreefrom an accredited college or university (any subject),
2) 150 semester hours of total college/university study,
3) 24 semester units of accounting study,
4) 24 semester units of business-related subjects study,
5) 20 semester units of accounting study,
6) 10 semester units of ethics study, to include one 3 unit semester (or 4 unit quarter) course in accounting ethics or accountant’s professional responsibility.
The above-listed educational requirements are in addition to verified work experience where the CPA exam applicant must have documented work experience under a licensed CPA. See the California CPA Applicant Licensing Handbook for more information about the experience requirement.
California CPA Exam Tip Sheet
California Board of Accountancy Educational Requirements
California CPA Applicant Licensing Handbook
Uniform CPA Exam