Federal Student Loan Debt Relief

Updated on November 14, 2022

As per the US Government website:

Student Loan Debt Relief Is Blocked

Courts have issued orders blocking our student debt relief program. As a result, at this time, we are not accepting applications. We are seeking to overturn those orders.
Original Post on October 28, 2022:

If you have a Federal student loan, you are encouraged to apply for the "Federal Student Loan Debt Relief."

As per the US Government website, "Application is open, but debt discharge is paused.  As a result of a court order, we are temporarily blocked from processing debt discharges. We encourage you to apply if you are eligible. We will continue to review applications. We will quickly process discharges when we are able to do so and you will not need to reapply."
The status of the debt relief program is fluid and uncertain, but you are encouraged to apply.  The deadline is December 31, 2023.  Follow the link below to apply:


CALIFORNIA Taxpayers — The Middle Class Tax Refund



California Taxpayers, you may qualify for the California Middle Class Tax Refund.  This refund is being paid to a large group of California taxpayers with payments being sent out between October 2022 and January 2023.

For more information, please visit:


I do not have any further information regarding distributions.  If you have any further questions, you will have to contact the California Franchise Tax Board.

Accounting Certifications & Licenses

Several students have inquired as to what different accounting licenses and certifications are available and what they can do for you professionally.  There are several different types of licenses and certifications available to the accounting professional.  Certain credentials, such as the PTIN, are required to do certain types of tax work.  Other credentials, such as the ERO and FINCen BSA E-Filing Account are required to e-file different types of tax returns.  Credentials such as the CTEC, EA, CPA, and a law license are required to legally perform certain types of work.  Yet, other credentials, show that the credential holder has a certain degree of knowledge, such as the CMA.  This list is not exhaustive, but it is a starting point.

Tax Professional Certifications, Credentials, Licenses, and Other (Federal Level):


Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License


State-Level Tax Preparer Licensing Bodies


Miscellaneous Accounting and Accounting-Related Certifications


Recommended Study Guides